Tom's IT ProToday On Tom's IT Pro: Slideshow: Hottest IT Certifications for 2013, From Help Desk/Admin to the Cloud: Getting There in IT, Sponsored: Converged Clouds Empower IT, Mind the Gap: IT - The Times They Are A-Changin, IT Cert Exams in the Testing Center Vs. Online, and more.
The names and providers of extremely interesting and potentially valuable IT certifications for professionals to ponder.
A recent graduate finds jobs scarce, but he is by no means devoid of prospects.
The cloud a key component of enterprises ability to gain unconstrained access to information and IT resources.
In the past, IT has been the gatekeeper to technology for the business, mainly because we were the only people who lived it every day. That is no longer true.
Widespread requirement that candidates travel to a test center limits the uptake of certification exams.
The cloud is a key component of enterprises ability to gain unconstrained access to information and IT resources.
Here are 17 examples of toughened-up gear that can survive military field operations and office park party fouls.
Technology that enables the communication between two devices over a cellular network to collect and analyze data and more.
Analyzing business data can lead to insights about your business but poor quality data can undermine your efforts.
Accurate information about risks leads to better decision-making: The more accurate the risk information, the better the decision, especially when it comes to IT security.
Converged storage controls explosive data growth while maintaining operational efficiency and simplicity.
Is resistance against Advanced Persistent Threats really futile?
Floating Point Accelerators: Does IT Finally Get A Free Lunch?
Floating point acceleration key to huge top-end performance jump in the world's fastest supercomputers.
Making It in IT: Advice for a Veteran IT Pro Without a Degree
Ed Tittel advises a 55-year old IT professional who never got a degree or any certification other than a CNE 3 /4 and ComTIA + PC Technician.
Brain dumps are pretty constant, if unwanted and unattractive feature of the IT certification landscape.
No single day passes without millions of people making use of one of the many features offered by cloud computing.
Knowing how to handle backup and restore in the Windows 8 File History will help relieve stress when things go wrong.
Now enables developers and administrators manage their AWS services from the Windows PowerShell scripting environment with more than 550 cmdlets.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- Tokenless, Two-Factor Authentication Coming To Google Apps, Office365, Salesforce
- iwNetworks Announces Second Gen SDN Switches
- Helium-Filled Enterprise HDDs Could Reach 6 TB Capacity
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 Released
- QNAP Announces 10 GbE TX-x70 Series NAS
- 21 Years Ago: SLAC Installs the First Web Server in the US
- Calxeda Sees Storage Servers as Initial Opportunity
- Cost Reduction Remains Chief Reason to Adopt Cloud, Confusion Still Apparent
- Gartner Issues More Optimistic Outlook on IT Spending
- Amazon Web Services Now Offers EC2 High Storage Instances
- New NEC Server Comes With Built-In Batteries
- IBM to Acquire Big Data Analysis Company StoredIQ
- Imation Makes Big Data Move with Acquisition
- Oracle Snaps Up Eloqua in $871 Million Deal
- Cisco Intends to Acquire BroadHop, Buys Meraki
- IDC Finds Shortage Of Skilled Cloud Workers
- Fluke Networks Increases BYOD Device Visibility on Wi-Fi Networks
- Blue Box Intros "Trade Up" Managed Cloud Application Hosting Promo
- LDPC Read Channel for Enterprise Storage Doubles Performance
- BiTMicro Announces maxIO Next Generation SSD for Enterprise
- RIM Starts BlackBerry 10 Technical Preview Program with 120 Customers
- EMC Intros Atmos G3 Cloud Storage Series
- Integrating Data with SQL Server Integration Services
- GPU Server Guesses Over 345 Billion Passwords - Every Second
James Alan MillerJames Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.
Recent IT VideosVIDEO: How Secure Are Your Mobile Devices?
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
VIDEO: Big Data, Big Hardware, Big Software
As data grows so must the hardware, software and access tools to give it meaning.
VIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600CP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600CPVIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600IP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600IP motherboard.VIDEO: Data Center Convergence
Everything you need to know about the new data center.