Tom's IT ProToday On Tom's IT Pro: Slideshow: The Ten Most Influential People in IT, Gartner Issues More Optimistic Outlook on IT Spending, Cost Reduction Remains Chief Reason to Adopt Cloud, Confusion Still Apparent, Calxeda Sees Storage Servers as Initial Opportunity, and more.
The most transformative leaders and visionaries working in enterprise technology today.
Market research firm Gartner said that the uncertainties surrounding global economic growth are likely to subside in 2013 and lay the foundation for increases in IT spending this year.
Survey finds expectation of cost reduction is the main reason why business consider a move to the cloud.
Calxeda apparently putting some effort in attracting business from the storage server market.
Take heed from these cautionary tales: Here are ten terrible security breaches that occurred in 2012.
Nexsan buy moves Imation closer to enterprise and away from consumer market.
IBM has made another significant purchase to enhance its big data portfolio.
NEC expanding venerable Express5800 server series with a new rack mounted version that comes with hot-swappable battery packs.
Amazon has upgraded its service with a new product that caters to customers who ask for fast access to large amounts of data.
Brain dumps are pretty constant, if unwanted and unattractive feature of the IT certification landscape.
No single day passes without millions of people making use of one of the many features offered by cloud computing.
We have selected a few open source tools from the tens of thousands available that you should always have on hand to make your job as an IT pro a lot easier.
Knowing how to handle backup and restore in the Windows 8 File History will help relieve stress when things go wrong.
Now enables developers and administrators manage their AWS services from the Windows PowerShell scripting environment with more than 550 cmdlets.
Factors to consider when making any 4U server purchasing decision.
Ever wonder why you have to wait awhile – and sometimes, wait some more after that – to get results for beta IT certification exams?
An Illustrated Guide to Making the Move to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
The enterprise world is knee-deep in making the transition from 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) to 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- Oracle Snaps Up Eloqua in $871 Million Deal
- Cisco Intends to Acquire BroadHop, Buys Meraki
- IDC Finds Shortage Of Skilled Cloud Workers
- Fluke Networks Increases BYOD Device Visibility on Wi-Fi Networks
- Blue Box Intros "Trade Up" Managed Cloud Application Hosting Promo
- LDPC Read Channel for Enterprise Storage Doubles Performance
- BiTMicro Announces maxIO Next Generation SSD for Enterprise
- RIM Starts BlackBerry 10 Technical Preview Program with 120 Customers
- EMC Intros Atmos G3 Cloud Storage Series
- Integrating Data with SQL Server Integration Services
- GPU Server Guesses Over 345 Billion Passwords - Every Second
- Gartner: Amazon Web Services, HP Have Worst Cloud IaaS Service Level Agreements
- Amazon Opens AWS Marketplace to Windows Apps
- Survey Foresees Huge Opportunity For Big Data in 2013
- Kingston Teams with ESET, ClevX for Enterprise-Safe Flash Drives
- Cisco Completes Cloupia Acquisition
- Pica8 Intros First Open Software Defined Networking Reference Architecture
- Qualcomm Samples New Switch Family Aimed at SMB Market
- Intel Introduces World's First Six-Watt Server-Class Atom SoC
- NetX Duo TCP/IP Stack Achieves Near-Wire Speed
James Alan MillerJames Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.
Recent IT VideosVIDEO: How Secure Are Your Mobile Devices?
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
VIDEO: Big Data, Big Hardware, Big Software
As data grows so must the hardware, software and access tools to give it meaning.
VIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600CP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600CPVIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600IP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600IP motherboard.VIDEO: Data Center Convergence
Everything you need to know about the new data center.