IT Today: When Spreadsheets Collide with Big Data
Tom's IT ProToday On Tom's IT Pro: What Happens When Spreadsheets Meet Big Data?, Amazon Web Services Intros Amazon Redshift, Companies More Comfortable Using Public Cloud for Business-Critical Apps, Enterprises buying iPhones In Droves, Blackberry Surpassed, and more.
Spreadsheets were an early driver for PC use because they were easy to use and fit a wide range of problems. Those same characteristics make them a good option for working with big data as well.
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
A big block of upcoming exam retirements in the Microsoft program speaks loudly about the company’s desire to move its installed base forward, onward and upward.
Top 5 Web Certifications for IT Pros
If you want to understand how to build and design good Web sites, and create interesting and approachable content for such sites, read this article.
Favorite product types that are clever additions to every data center.
There are many reasons to work with multiple cloud resource providers.
The economic stimulus money that the US Congress passed and the president signed in 2009 continues to bear fruit for health IT professionals.
Let us take you more than 160 years back in time and revisit the milestones of computer memory technology.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- Google Enables Enterprise Customers To Move Data To Europe
- Microsoft's Client-Access Licenses Pricing Changes on December 1
- NEC Working To Drop Data Center Energy Usage By 30%
- Amazon Supports Windows Server 2012 For AWS
- HP Launches New Itanium Servers, But Faces Challenges
- Cisco to Acquire Cloupia, Meraki
- IBM Offers $4B in Financing to Partners
- Hitachi Launches Big Data Remote Backup Accelerator
- IBM Kills Lotus Brand With New Notes/Domino Release
- Gale Acquisition Helps Dell To Provide Converged Infrastructure
- IBM Introduces Entry-Level Storwize V3700 Storage Array
- Lenovo Announces U.S.-Designed SMB Server
- Expect Samsung To Unveil 64-bit ARM Server SoCs Soon
- IBM Intros New Storage and Management Features for PureSystems
- Brocade Acquires NOS creator Vyatta
- Public IT Cloud Services Projected To Grow 19% Per Year
- Cobalt Iron Unveils Enterprise Security Suite
- Collaborative Applications, CRM Applications Drive Software Market
James Alan MillerJames Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.
Recent IT VideosVIDEO: Big Data, Big Hardware, Big Software
As data grows so must the hardware, software and access tools to give it meaning.VIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600CP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600CPVIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600IP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600IP motherboard.VIDEO: Data Center Convergence
Everything you need to know about the new data center.