IT Today: The Capable Vs. Functional Cloud
Today On Tom's IT Pro: The Cloud: Capable Vs. Function, IBM Kills Lotus Brand With New Notes/Domino Release, Gale Acquisition Helps Dell To Provide Converged Infrastructure, Slideshow: A Guide to Trading Your Laptop for a Tablet, iPad and Android Tablet Security, and more.
The Cloud: Capable Vs. Functional
Big Daddy Don Garlits, the father of drag racing, and the Cloud: Capable Vs. Functional.
IBM Kills Lotus Brand With New Notes/Domino Release
Gale Acquisition Helps Dell To Provide Converged Infrastructure
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
When we start to use our personal devices for work, we can run the risk of weakening data protection.
Tired of lugging around your laptop? Check out some apps and accessories that provide laptop-like functionality on your iPad or Android tablet.
Battle Royale: iPad and Android Tablet Security Compared
How can IT pros safely enable business use of popular consumer tablets such as the Apple iPad and the Android Samsung Galaxy Tab?
Mobile devices are as much a part of IT computing infrastructure today as servers and workstations
To be ready when there is a security issue with a personally-owned employee device, you need to update your security policies.
A talk with The Aerospace Corp's Principal Director of Technical Computijng Stuart Kerr, who runs a large R&D Linux infrastructure using a variety of open source technologies (clobber, puppet, spacewalk, etc.).
TI has announced six new ARM-based SoCs ranging from a dual-core to a 12-core processor that will grab the attention of IT managers - and Intel.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- IBM Introduces Entry-Level Storwize V3700 Storage Array
- Lenovo Announces U.S.-Designed SMB Server
- Expect Samsung To Unveil 64-bit ARM Server SoCs Soon
- IBM Intros New Storage and Management Features for PureSystems
- Brocade Acquires NOS creator Vyatta
- Public IT Cloud Services Projected To Grow 19% Per Year
- Cobalt Iron Unveils Enterprise Security Suite
- Collaborative Applications, CRM Applications Drive Software Market
- Microsoft Moves BizTalk 2013 Server Into Public Beta
- AMD FirePro S10000 Server Graphics Card Introduced
- EaseUS Deploy Manager Makes System Image Deployment Easier
- Microsoft Adds In-Memory Technology To SQL Server
- HP's New mt40 Mobile Thin Client Arrives Next Month
- Skype In The Workspace Finally Out of Beta
- Intel Discontinues Modular Server Virtualization Manager
- Intel Intros Next-Gen Data Center SSD
- AppliedMicro Joins Dell's ARM SoC Testing Portfolio
- AMD Launches 6300-Series Opteron CPUs
James Alan MillerJames Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.
Recent IT VideosVIDEO: Big Data, Big Hardware, Big Software
As data grows so must the hardware, software and access tools to give it meaning.VIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600CP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600CPVIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600IP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600IP motherboard.VIDEO: Data Center Convergence
Everything you need to know about the new data center.