IT Today: Analysis – The Cloud: Quit Abusing This Buzzword!
Tom's IT ProToday On Tom's IT Pro: Cloudification: Stop Abusing the Cloud, Silicon Graphics Offers Tesla K20 for Servers, HP Announces Unified Storage Architecture, AMD Launches Piledriver Opteron 3300 and 4300, Get Thin: A Buyer’s Guide to 1U Servers, and more.
As far as buzzwords go, the "cloud" we so often refer to these days is about as fuzzy as it can get.
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
Server hardware is often optimized for a particular mix of three resources: compute capability, storage, and network connectivity.
Slideshow: Top Paying Technology Jobs by Position
The world of IT is in constant ferment, and it’s fascinating to watch how new tools and technologies give rise to new jobs for people who practice various specialties.
Another Terrific IT Certification Resource
Mirek Burnejko’s excellent IT Certification Master is one of just a handful of general, unbiased, and up-to-date information certification repositories on the Web.
Hardware failure doesn't necessarily mean the irrevocable loss of current applications, settings and data for the typical portable PC.
Anonymous and their ilk might be the highest-profile hackers today, but they're standing on the shoulders of giants, including a morse code telegraph hacker from 1903.
The economic stimulus money that the US Congress passed and the president signed in 2009 continues to bear fruit for health IT professionals.
Spreadsheets were an early driver for PC use because they were easy to use and fit a wide range of problems. Those same characteristics make them a good option for working with big data as well.
A big block of upcoming exam retirements in the Microsoft program speaks loudly about the company’s desire to move its installed base forward, onward and upward.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- Amazon Announces Automated Data Workflow Service
- Global Server Revenue Declined in Q3
- Amazon Web Services Intros Amazon Redshift
- Companies More Comfortable Using Public Cloud for Business-Critical Apps
- Enterprises buying iPhones In Droves, Blackberry Surpassed
- Boundary Intros New Cloud Infrastructure Analytics, Reporting Features
- Cisco Combines Cloud And Managed Services Partner Programs
- Toshiba Adds 4TB Models to MG Series of Enterprise HDDs
- Big Data Vital to CERN Large Hadron Collider Project, Says CTO
- Google Enables Enterprise Customers To Move Data To Europe
- Microsoft's Client-Access Licenses Pricing Changes on December 1
- NEC Working To Drop Data Center Energy Usage By 30%
- Amazon Supports Windows Server 2012 For AWS
- HP Launches New Itanium Servers, But Faces Challenges
- Cisco to Acquire Cloupia, Meraki
- IBM Offers $4B in Financing to Partners
- Hitachi Launches Big Data Remote Backup Accelerator
- IBM Kills Lotus Brand With New Notes/Domino Release
James Alan MillerJames Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.
Recent IT VideosVIDEO: Big Data, Big Hardware, Big Software
As data grows so must the hardware, software and access tools to give it meaning.VIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600CP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600CPVIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600IP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600IP motherboard.VIDEO: Data Center Convergence
Everything you need to know about the new data center.