When it comes to IT certifications, one group keeps coming to the forefront. If you look at various IT certification salary surveys or reports on the most sought-after IT certs, you'll see certain names or acronyms popping up again and again. Here's an updated list of the best evergreen IT certifications for 2017.
Credit: ShutterstockThis guide presents some of the top IT certifications for 2017, based on recent pay surveys in IT, reports from IT professionals about certifications they want or pursue the most, and those that pop up most frequently in online job postings.
Note: All of these certifications are quite different, and they range from entry level to senior level in terms of the knowledge, skills and experience required to earn them. We present them here in no particular order, with no intention to rank them against one another.
In the following pages, we take a closer look at some of the top IT evergreen certifications for 2017, including the CCIE, CCNA, CISSP, PMP, ITIL and MCSE. We'll also review other evergreen IT certs, including the VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certifications and the CompTIA "Holy Trinity," namely the A+, Network+ and Security+ certifications.
As you review these top certification choices, please also check out our other certification, training and IT career guides for additional information and resources:
- Top IT Certification Choices For 2017
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management Foundation
- CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)