HP Servers, Networking & Storage Converge for SAP HANA
Hewlett-Packard announced the addition of a ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA to its portfolio designed specifically to optimize the SAP HANA in-memory database. The ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA is a unified package designed to manage data analytics, data warehousing, and accelerate businesses ability to obtain actionable data.
HP ConvergedSystems are packages made up of servers, storage, networking, software and services that are purpose-built for a specific use. HP has package systems for Server Virtualization, Cloud, Big Data, Client Virtualization (mobile) and a Collaboration system designed for Microsoft applications such as SharePoint, Lync and Exchange. Since these packages are pre-built and pre-tested, they can be deployed faster than custom designed systems. HP estimates that an HP ConvergedSystem 500 can be operational in 15 days after ordering.
[ CHECK OUT: Converged Infrastructure & Other Major Tech You Need To Know ]
The ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA is designed and optimized with the goal of getting the best performance out of the SAP HANA in-memory database. In a SAP Business Warehouse Mixed Workload Benchmark study, HP states the "HP systems running HANA can handle more than 2X the number of steps per hour vs. IBM systems running DB2."
The HP ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA package includes:
- A standards-based scale-out architecture that includes between 256 GB to 2 TB of memory and can grow to 16 TB with scale-out systems that bridge memory across systems.
- HP Serviceguard includes a set of data protection tools that automates failover and disaster tolerant capabilities to avoid unplanned downtime.
- HP's Project Kraken is designed to simplify SAP HANA infrastructure and allow access to up to 12 TB of data in a single memory pool.
"In-memory computing allows organizations to quickly make informed business decisions by processing complex transactions using massive amounts of data much faster than ever possible before. To capitalize on IMC, businesses need an architecture that is not only efficient, but that is highly available and easily scalable, so that organizations can quickly respond to changing needs of the business," said Matt Eastwood, group vice president and general manager, Enterprise Platform Group, IDC.
HP AppSystems for SAP HANAThe HP ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA has a starting price of $87,787 and is estimated to be available this Spring. The starting price includes HP support and deployment services.
HP Serviceguard for scale-up configurations is also due to be released this spring and has a starting price of $38,980 including HP support.
Project Kraken is planned for release worldwide later this year.
For additional information about HP Solutions for SAP HANA, visit hp.com.
- INFOGRAPHIC: Understanding HP Converged Infrastructure
- HP Updates AppSystems for SAP HANA
- SAP HANA's Pay-As-You-Consume Plan, PaaS Introduced