IT Today: Getting Started with Cloud Computing - An IaaS Buyer's Guide
Tom's IT ProToday On TIP: An IaaS Buyer's Guide: Getting Started, Seagate Bulks Up on PCIe-based Flash with Virident Investment, Sponsored: Scaling Out with Converged Networks, Make the Most of Virtual Certification Labs, How to Predict The Success Of Your Cloud Project, and more.
For many in IT it is not a question of whether to use cloud computing but which cloud service (or services) to use.
Hard-drive maker compensates for slow entry into the enterprise flash storage market.
Networks need to be simpler, flatter and more capable of meeting the high-scale demands of dynamic workloads.
Today’s increasingly online world also means that just as lots of training has become virtualized, so have many IT cert prep labs as well.
The iPad and iOS operating system is tightly integrated with social networks. Under Settings in iOS 6, there are sections specifically dedicated to Twitter and Facebook.
Here are the desktop computer's most significant milestones.
The top cloud projects share unique characteristics that point to a guideline on how avoid failure.
Munki, Simian, and Cauliflower Vest: Three open source tools to help IT pros manage Mac computers in the enterprise.
The cloud a key component of enterprises ability to gain unconstrained access to information and IT resources.
Consider the orders of magnitude (and sheer manufacturing prowess) required to morph the very first 4-Bit microprocessors into the multicore powerhouses we use today.
Today? No. Three to Five years from now? Yes.
As with most infrastructure changes, implementing MDM may not be easy or inexpensive. The benefits clearly outweigh the costs, however.
Converged storage controls explosive data growth while maintaining operational efficiency and simplicity.
The key point of a storage appliance is to offer files and directories or block storage to other devices across the network
Telepresence and the opportunity to use cheap broadband data for virtual reality meetings was the buzzword of 2010. What Happened?
With the pace of new technology introductions in information technology accelerating, IT pros are well-advised to develop enthusiasm for life-long learning and skills development.
IDC study finds a high correlation between blade platform adoption and lower per user infrastructure costs among a wide range of businesses.
Be sure to develop basic workplace skills in communication (both written and verbal), people and process management, and so forth.
The 2012 presidential election’s implications for IT over the next four years.
Windows 8 is packed with security features. Jump into this slideshow to see what’s under the hood.
Businesses deploying technologies in integrated solutions that more tightly align and even accelerate the value of information technology to help drive better business results.
The latest iOS release, version 6, includes a set of more granular security and privacy permissions for users.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- Pentagon to Hire Thousands of IT Professionals to Boost Cybersecurity
- Gigabyte Announces Server and Workstation Motherboards
- Chinese Hackers Infiltrate The New York Times, Wall Street Journal’s Computer Systems
- Polycom Gets RealPresence Cloud Support with Meetrix Collaboration
- Puppet Labs and VMware’s New $30 Million Investment
- Cisco to Automate Network Optimization with Intucell’s SON Software
- Cisco Sheds Linksys, Greater Focus On Enterprise
- Western Digital Acquires Backup Company Arkeia
- Dell Quest Survey shows Worldwide Outlook on BYOD Strategies
- Microsoft Improves Hybrid Cloud Management
- Ace Computer Intros Raptor 7 Portable Computer Server
- HP Memo Confirms Layoffs and New Directions at Autonomy
- Tokenless, Two-Factor Authentication Coming To Google Apps, Office365, Salesforce
- iwNetworks Announces Second Gen SDN Switches
- Helium-Filled Enterprise HDDs Could Reach 6 TB Capacity
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 Released
- QNAP Announces 10 GbE TX-x70 Series NAS
- 21 Years Ago: SLAC Installs the First Web Server in the US
- Calxeda Sees Storage Servers as Initial Opportunity
- Cost Reduction Remains Chief Reason to Adopt Cloud, Confusion Still Apparent
- Gartner Issues More Optimistic Outlook on IT Spending
- Amazon Web Services Now Offers EC2 High Storage Instances
James Alan MillerJames Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.
Recent IT VideosVIDEO: How Secure Are Your Mobile Devices?
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
VIDEO: Big Data, Big Hardware, Big Software
As data grows so must the hardware, software and access tools to give it meaning.
VIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600CP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600CPVIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600IP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600IP motherboard.VIDEO: Data Center Convergence
Everything you need to know about the new data center.