Product and service reviews are conducted independently by our editorial team, but we sometimes make money when you click on links. Learn more.
 

JFrog Leaps Ahead With Massive Round Of Funding

By - Source: JFrog

JFrog announced that its latest round of funding to advance the development of Devops tools and utilities. This latest round of funding brings in $50 million from investors, including Sapphire Ventures and Scale Venture Partners, to expand the vision that JFrog is bringing to the DevOps marketplace.

JFrog is best known for Bintray, a Distribution as a Service download center, and Artifactory, an artifact repository. In 2015, those products were joined by Mission Control, which provides a coordinated experience to manage widely distributed artifact repositories. Together, these tools expand the capabilities of development teams looking to gain an edge by streamlining the deployment and distribution of code and software.

“The software world is tired of domain dictators and demands a universal powerful solution that supports all technologies and software packages,” said Shlomi Ben Haim, co-founder and CEO at JFrog. “DevOps and developer teams deserve more – they demand a multi-package, highly available and secured end-to-end solution. JFrog Artifactory and JFrog Bintray are not just a Docker registry, or a npm or Maven repository; it’s how the world’s biggest organizations choose to host, manage and distribute their software.”

The round of funding is going to fuel an expansion at JFrog in multiple ways. One of those ways will be an increase in staffing. This year, JFrog is looking to expand its workforce, nearly doubling the amount of staff that are spread around its three global offices. The workforce is currently about 70 percent engineering and software support, with the rest of the 30 percent largely representing its sales and marketing staff. The expansion in staff will generally keep the same ratio, but it's likely to skew towards an increase on the marketing and sales side.

Though the additional staff is not likely to increase the number of product releases in a year, each individual update should bring more features for JFrog's customers. By using their own tools (“Eating their own Frogfood”, as Ben Haim called it), the team already has an established track record of rapid releases.

Other uses of the funding will include strategic acquisitions, especially around companies with established modules that are compatible with their product line.

Comments