Last year Microsoft launched their new MCSA -- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification. A pre-requisite to the new MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) certifications, the MCSA comes in six flavors and requires successful completion of two to three exams, depending on the cert:
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 (required exams: 3)
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008 (required exams: 3)
- MCSA: Windows 8 (required exams: 2)
- MCSA: Windows 7 (required exams: 2)
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012 (required exams: 3)
- MCSA: SQL Server 2008 (required exams: 3)
So what exactly does it take to become MCSA certified? TrainSignal recently surveyed more than 300 IT professionals and MCSA candidates to find out how they prepared for the exams, how difficult the exams were and what were some of the biggest challenges in becoming an MCSA. The results of the survey are summed up in the infographic below.