IBM Introduces New Enterprise Mobile PlatformIBM has announced MobileFirst, a mobile portfolio that includes security, analytics and app development software that ties into IBM's cloud-based services.
The platform includes:
- an updated version of Worklight to simplify the deployment of mobile applications
- a new beta version of Rational Test Workbench that promises greater reliability of apps
- a new release of AppScan that extends the vulnerability testing capability for iOS apps
- an update of the analytics software Tealeaf CX Mobile to enable more insight in mobile user behavior and
- a new version of the Endpoint Manager with new features for BYOD programs
"To date, mobile computing has been dominated by discussions of new smartphones, operating systems, games and apps," said Robert LeBlanc, senior vice president for middleware software at IBM. "But enterprises have yet to tap into the potential of mobile business. Just as the Internet transformed the way we bank, book vacations and manage our healthcare, mobile computing is also transforming industries. As these devices become ingrained in everything that we do, businesses are now in the palms of their customers’ hands. IBM MobileFirst is designed to make the transformation to becoming a mobile enterprise a reality."
In addition to the new software releases, IBM said that it has partnered with AT&T, which has built Worklight Adapters into its API platform, which includes APIs for speech, SMS, as well as notary management and payment for iOS, Android and Windows.
Wolfgang GruenerWolfgang Gruener is a contributor to Tom's IT Pro. He is currently principal analyst at Ndicio Research, a market analysis firm that focuses on cloud computing and disruptive technologies, and maintains the conceivablytech.com blog. An 18-year veteran in IT journalism and market research, he previously published TG Daily and was managing editor of Tom's Hardware news, which he grew from a link collection in the early 2000s into one of the most comprehensive and trusted technology news sources.
See here for all of Wolfgang's Tom's IT Pro articles.
Check Out These Recent IT Slide Shows
- Slideshow: Rugged Tech for the Enterprise
- Slideshow: The Ten Most Influential People in IT
- Slideshow: Essential Open Source Tools for the System Administrator
- Slideshow: Top Ten Major Security Breaches of 2012
- An Illustrated Guide to Making the Move to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Slideshow: Essential Proprietary Network Admin Tools
- Slideshow: Top Paying Technology Jobs by Position
- An Illustrated History of Hacking Through The Years