IT Today: How to Monitor Complex Networks, Determine Your Mobile Automation Testing Matrix, CISPA Is Back
Tom's IT ProToday On TIP: Determine Right Mobile Automation Testing Matrix, VLANs, Subnets and Confusion: How to Monitor Complex Networks, CISPA May Follow Obama Cybersecurity Executive Order, Microsoft Releases 52 Patches, Video: M2M Communication: Rise of the Machines, and more.
Determine Right Mobile Automation Testing Matrix and Improve End-User Experience
Following these steps to gain a mobile structure that can be grown to accommodate new features within an app or new sections within a wireless Web site.
VLANs, Subnets and Confusion – How to Monitor Complex Networks
IT pros are finding that as networks grow in complexity, so does their maintenance and troubleshooting chores.
CISPA May Follow The Obama Cybersecurity Executive Order
Are the recent attacks on The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and other U.S. institutions responsible?
Microsoft Releases 52 Patches
Latest Software Patch covers 12 security bulletins, with two critical ones for Exchange.
Video: M2M Communication - The Rise of the Machines
Technology that enables the communication between two devices over a cellular network to collect and analyze data and more.
Sponsored: Converged Clouds Empower IT
The cloud a key component of enterprises ability to gain unconstrained access to information and IT resources.
VIDEO: How Secure Are Your Mobile Devices?
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
Before dismissing network performance problems as something you can live with, consider the adverse impact slow application response times can have on your business.
Consider the orders of magnitude (and sheer manufacturing prowess) required to morph the very first 4-Bit microprocessors into the multicore powerhouses we use today.
What exactly can an IT pro do to head off the coming storm of overwhelming network traffic and prevent connectivity chaos?
Build an arsenal of business and people skills to turn drive and vision into any kind of real success.
Getting Started with the Cloud: Amazon EC2 Cloud
In this article, part of our ongoing IaaS Buyer's Guide, we take a look at working with Amazon’s EC2 cloud and some of its related services.
Control Costs When Pursuing IT Training at a University
Ed Tittel advises a Marine veteran interested in pursuing college training in information technology.
IDC study finds a high correlation between blade platform adoption and lower per user infrastructure costs among a wide range of businesses.
Throwing solutions at a system because they have the word encryption in them, and are easy to implement, doesn’t always mean you’re actually better protecting sensitive information.
The right mix of reading, studying, and hands-on learning and experimentation will get you the knowledge you need to further career in IT.
Straight talk about cloud services.
Put yourself through an annual self-assessment to help figure out where you are, where you're going, and where you might like to get to IT career-wise
Will corporate America ever again be in the throes of a Crackberry addiction?
For many in IT it is not a question of whether to use cloud computing but which cloud service (or services) to use.
Businesses deploying converged infrastructure technologies in integrated solutions that more tightly align and even accelerate the value of information technology to help drive better business results.
Here are the desktop computer's most significant milestones.
Networks need to be simpler, flatter and more capable of meeting the high-scale demands of dynamic workloads.
Today’s increasingly online world also means that just as lots of training has become virtualized, so have many IT cert prep labs as well.
The iPad and iOS operating system is tightly integrated with social networks. Under Settings in iOS 6, there are sections specifically dedicated to Twitter and Facebook.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- Dell and Cisco Compete to Join SDN Bandwagon
- Adobe Flash Player Gets Another Emergency Security Update
- Cisco Announces High Performance 4RU 40 GbE Switch
- Mellanox Updates MetroX RDMA InfiniBand and Long-Haul Solutions
- VendorStack Customer Review Site Out of Beta
- Seagate Bulks Up on PCIe-based Flash with Virident Investment
- Record-Breaking Supercomputer Powered by Nvidia and Eurotech
- Oracle Acquires Acme Packetpay for $1.7 Billion
- Parallels Offers New Mac Integration in Microsoft SCCM
- Pentagon to Hire Thousands of IT Professionals to Boost Cybersecurity
- Gigabyte Announces Server and Workstation Motherboards
- Chinese Hackers Infiltrate The New York Times, Wall Street Journal’s Computer Systems
- Polycom Gets RealPresence Cloud Support with Meetrix Collaboration
- Puppet Labs and VMware’s New $30 Million Investment
- Cisco to Automate Network Optimization with Intucell’s SON Software
- Cisco Sheds Linksys, Greater Focus On Enterprise
- Western Digital Acquires Backup Company Arkeia
- Dell Quest Survey shows Worldwide Outlook on BYOD Strategies
- Microsoft Improves Hybrid Cloud Management
- Ace Computer Intros Raptor 7 Portable Computer Server
- HP Memo Confirms Layoffs and New Directions at Autonomy
James Alan MillerJames Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.