VIDEO: Increase Security with Multi-Factor Authentication
Multi-factor authentication is an extra layer of protection that helps increase security by requiring two or more authentication factors to access your data and apps. The authentication factors can be:
- a knowledge factor -- something that you know, for example: a password
- a possession factor -- something that you have, for example: a token
- an inherence factor -- something that you are, for example: biometrics
In this video Mikhael illustrates how multi-factor authentication works and how you can use it to protect your Google apps, your Amazon web services account, your Paypal account and more.
More on Security:
- 'Zero Budget' Security Projects
- Controlling Social Media in the Office
- VIDEO: Enterprise Data Encryption Explained
- Does Your Company Need Identity Governance?
- VIDEO: How to Secure Your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
Mikhael Felker is an IT pro who has worked in Defense, Healthcare, High-Tech and Non-Profits. He teaches, writes, and speaks at numerous Southern California venues about technology.
See here to check out all his Tom's IT Pro articles.