IT Today: Enterprises and Public Clouds - Network Bandwidth Still a Concern
Tom's IT ProToday On Tom's IT Pro: Public Clouds: Matters Of The External Connection, NetX Duo TCP/IP Stack Achieves Near-Wire Speed, Module Adds Security to Platforms Using Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, The Microserver: Three Key Players, Three Different Views, and more.
It's a mistake for enterprises to assume that after making the move to a public cloud service that all “infrastructure has gone out the door” and bandwidth worries are no more
The thought that processor architectures we are using in our phones and everyday appliances could power very specific portions of the future data center is intriguing.
Take heed from these cautionary tales: Here are ten terrible security breaches that occurred in 2012.
While traditional malware is not retracting, all reports agree that mobile platforms, as well as a cloud environments, provide a growing attack surface which needs to be taken seriously by organizations.
Keeping the right tools in reach will provide the capability to get the right answers fast and efficiently when trouble rears its ugly head.
Server hardware is often optimized for a particular mix of three resources: compute capability, storage, and network connectivity.
As far as buzzwords go, the "cloud" we so often refer to these days is about as fuzzy as it can get.
When your data management requirements do not demand all the features of a relational database you should consider an alternative method.
Slideshow: Top Paying Technology Jobs by Position
The world of IT is in constant ferment, and it’s fascinating to watch how new tools and technologies give rise to new jobs for people who practice various specialties.
Another Terrific IT Certification Resource
Mirek Burnejko’s excellent IT Certification Master is one of just a handful of general, unbiased, and up-to-date information certification repositories on the Web.
Hardware failure doesn't necessarily mean the irrevocable loss of current applications, settings and data for the typical portable PC.
Anonymous and their ilk might be the highest-profile hackers today, but they're standing on the shoulders of giants, including a morse code telegraph hacker from 1903.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- Rackspace Adds Services to Open Cloud Platform
- HP Licenses Stackato Virtual Application Manager for Cloud PaaS
- IBM Releases Cloud Office Suite
- IBM Promises Silicon Nanophotonics For Big Data
- FreeBSD Could Miss Year End Funding Target By Nearly 50%
- RIM Offers Free BB10 Phones
- RIM Launches BlackBerry 10 Ready Program for Enterprise Customers
- Super Micro Rolls Out Hyper-Speed Server Line
- Red Hat Intros Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 Beta
- AWS Marketplace Now Offers Windows-Based Software
- HP Launches Public Cloud Service
- Dell Building KEMP's New Load Balancing and ADC Platform
- CenturyLink Launches Savvisdirect Cloud Service Suite
- Microsoft Launches Cloud Deployment Partner Program
- Silicon Graphics Offers Tesla K20 for Servers
- HP Announces Unified Storage Architecture
- AMD Launches Piledriver Opteron 3300 and 4300
- Amazon Announces Automated Data Workflow Service
- Global Server Revenue Declined in Q3
- Amazon Web Services Intros Amazon Redshift
James Alan MillerJames Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.
Recent IT VideosVIDEO: How Secure Are Your Mobile Devices?
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
VIDEO: Big Data, Big Hardware, Big Software
As data grows so must the hardware, software and access tools to give it meaning.
VIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600CP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600CPVIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600IP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600IP motherboard.VIDEO: Data Center Convergence
Everything you need to know about the new data center.