What You Need To Know Before Signing that Cloud Contract
Not too long ago, Tom’s IT Pro had the opportunity to work with cloud contract specialist, Thomas Trappler, on a series of videos about "Contracting in the Cloud." Trappler discussed a number of things to look out for before signing on the dotted line. These videos emphasize the importance of such factors as system uptime, software maintenance and licensing, performance guarantees, monitoring, and other details that should be addressed and cleared before a deal is finalized.
Check out Trappler's videos:
- The Business Case for Cloud Computing
- Cloud Contracts - What's In Them
- What to know about Contracts for the Cloud
Trappler will be hosting an upcoming cloud computing seminar: "Cloud Computing Risk Mitigation Via Contract Negotiation and Vendor Management" on October 4th, 2013 at the Le Meridien Hotel in San Francisco. The seminar is an all-day event and the cost is $895, covering the following topics:
- The definition of cloud computing and its unique characteristics
- The benefits of putting corporate IT services in the cloud
- Where cloud computing is taking IT and its effect on the modern datacenter
- What decision makers need to know about cloud-related risks and liabilities related to security, SLAs, and data governance
- How to build the necessary management framework for a risk-free cloud computing contract
According to Trappler, the seminar is designed to address important factors that decision makers might overlook as they enter into agreements with cloud vendors, including contract review, development, negotiation, and vendor management.
Julio Urquidi is the Technical Editor at Tom's IT Pro. Previously, he spent 17 years in healthcare-related enterprise IT. Julio’s most recent responsibilities centered around virtualization, but he is also well-versed in Linux, Windows and systems administration. Specializing in articles that help small companies with limited budgets leverage technology, he has been a contributing editor to Tom's Hardware.
See here for all of Julio's Tom's IT Pro articles.