Globally recognized, the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Private Cloud cert targets IT professionals engaged in careers such as network management, server administration and system programming. Those attaining the credential possess skills and expertise necessary to implement and manage private cloud solutions using Microsoft technology.
Candidates may certify on either Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008, but we've chosen to concentrate on the requirements for Windows Server 2012 here. Five exams are required to obtain the credential. Successfully completing the first three exams results in the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) credential; completing two more exams earns the MCSE: Private Cloud.
Those who want to upgrade their Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator or MCITP: Server Administrator credentials to the MCSE: Private Cloud must also complete two exams.
The credential is valid for a period of three years, and one exam is required to maintain the credential. Microsoft occasionally offers the Second Shot program, which lets exam candidates retake the exam for free if they don't pass the first time.
MCSE: Private Cloud Facts & Figures
|Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Private Cloud (MCSE: Private Cloud)|
|Prerequisite/Required Courses||Recommended Training: |
• Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, Course 410
• Administering Windows Server 2012, Course 411
• Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, Course 412
• Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012, Course 246
• Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012, Course 247
|Number of Exams||Five Exams: |
• Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (Exam 70-410)
• Administering Windows Server 2012 (Exam 70-411)
• Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 (Exam 70-412)
• Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 (Exam 70-246)
• Configuring and Deploying a Private Clouse with System Center 2012 (Exam 70-247)
|Cost per Exam||$150 USD per exam|
|Self-Study Materials||Many options are available through Microsoft Learning, including: Self-paced training through Microsoft Virtual Academy, instructor-led training, practice exams (distributed through MeasureUp.com and Selftestsoftware.com), Microsoft Press books, certification study groups and other online Microsoft resources.|