IT Today: The Low Down on Windows 8's New File History Feature
Today On Tom's IT Pro: How to Use File History on Windows 8, Gartner: Amazon Web Services, HP Have Worst Cloud IaaS Service Level Agreements, Amazon Opens AWS Marketplace to Windows Apps, Less and More: A Buyer’s Guide to 4U Servers, and more.
Knowing how to handle backup and restore in the Windows 8 File History will help relieve stress when things go wrong.
Gartner analyst Lydia Leong sharply attacked cloud Infrastructure as as Service service level agreements as being potentially "meaningless."
Amazon now allows Windows Server developers to distribute cloud apps via the Amazon Web Services Marketplace.
Factors to consider when making any 4U server purchasing decision.
Take heed from these cautionary tales: Here are ten terrible security breaches that occurred in 2012.
Ever wonder why you have to wait awhile – and sometimes, wait some more after that – to get results for beta IT certification exams?
An Illustrated Guide to Making the Move to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
The enterprise world is knee-deep in making the transition from 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) to 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
The thought that processor architectures we are using in our phones and everyday appliances could power very specific portions of the future data center is intriguing.
It's a mistake for enterprises to assume that after making the move to a public cloud service that all “infrastructure has gone out the door” and bandwidth worries are no more
While traditional malware is not retracting, all reports agree that mobile platforms, as well as a cloud environments, provide a growing attack surface which needs to be taken seriously by organizations.
Keeping the right tools in reach will provide the capability to get the right answers fast and efficiently when trouble rears its ugly head.
Server hardware is often optimized for a particular mix of three resources: compute capability, storage, and network connectivity.
As far as buzzwords go, the "cloud" we so often refer to these days is about as fuzzy as it can get.
When your data management requirements do not demand all the features of a relational database you should consider an alternative method.
Slideshow: Top Paying Technology Jobs by Position
The world of IT is in constant ferment, and it’s fascinating to watch how new tools and technologies give rise to new jobs for people who practice various specialties.
More Recent IT Features & Blogs
Recent IT Slide Shows
More Recent IT News
- Survey Foresees Huge Opportunity For Big Data in 2013
- Kingston Teams with ESET, ClevX for Enterprise-Safe Flash Drives
- Cisco Completes Cloupia Acquisition
- Pica8 Intros First Open Software Defined Networking Reference Architecture
- Qualcomm Samples New Switch Family Aimed at SMB Market
- Intel Introduces World's First Six-Watt Server-Class Atom SoC
- NetX Duo TCP/IP Stack Achieves Near-Wire Speed
- Module Adds Security to Platforms Using Windows 8, Windows Server 2012
- Rackspace Adds Services to Open Cloud Platform
- HP Licenses Stackato Virtual Application Manager for Cloud PaaS
- IBM Releases Cloud Office Suite
- IBM Promises Silicon Nanophotonics For Big Data
- FreeBSD Could Miss Year End Funding Target By Nearly 50%
- RIM Offers Free BB10 Phones
- RIM Launches BlackBerry 10 Ready Program for Enterprise Customers
- Super Micro Rolls Out Hyper-Speed Server Line
- Red Hat Intros Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 Beta
- AWS Marketplace Now Offers Windows-Based Software
- HP Launches Public Cloud Service
- Dell Building KEMP's New Load Balancing and ADC Platform
- CenturyLink Launches Savvisdirect Cloud Service Suite
James Alan Miller is Managing Editor of Tom's IT Pro. He is a veteran technology journalist with over seventeen years of experience creating and developing magazine and online content. Founding editor of numerous business and enterprise computing sites at the internet.com network, James headed up the After Hours section at PC Magazine, as well as hardware and software sections of various Windows publications.
See here for all Tom's IT Pro articles written by James.
Recent IT VideosVIDEO: How Secure Are Your Mobile Devices?
Enterprise mobile devices are proliferating like rabbits in the spring. Rachel Rosmarin tells you how to keep them under control.
VIDEO: Big Data, Big Hardware, Big Software
As data grows so must the hardware, software and access tools to give it meaning.
VIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600CP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600CPVIDEO: Quick Look - Intel S2600IP Motherboard
A 3D fly-through of Intel's S2600IP motherboard.VIDEO: Data Center Convergence
Everything you need to know about the new data center.